Red Birch is the heart wood of the Yellow Birch Tree and anyone who knows Sandy…knows this is one of her favorite wood types. Why? It offers great color in it’s natural tone and it doesn’t darken and deepen in color like Cherry Wood does. So, if the natural tone you get initially is what you like? You are all set!
- Red Birch – Betula occidentalis
- Native to the US and Canada
- Considered a hardwood – but not as hard as the maple options.
- Wonderful grain character with shimmers and rippling
- Great for cabinetry, furniture, flooring – what else?
- Stair Railing – Window Sills
We are happy with all the red birch choices we have made!!
One thought on “Which Wood – Red Birch”
Red Birch is a favorite of Sandy’s – that is for sure. Remember how much our legs hurt after “flooring weekend”? Ouch.